There are a lot of different ways to increase sales on a Shopify store. New Shopify store owners always struggle to find the right way to boost their traffic and sales.
In this post, I am going to show you only my own tested methods that will immediately boost your Shopify sales.
Update: I wrote a recent post on upselling products on your Shopify store. Please check it out, it will also help you increase sales.
Let’s not wait further, and start learning how to increase sales on your Shopify store.
Have you come across a website that has an unbelievably insane amount of email subscribers, Facebook fans, and Instagram followers?
Most probably yes, because we all love to shop online from time to time.
As an entrepreneur the question that would pop up in your mind: How those stores developed such a loyal customer base?
The answer is; of course by spending plenty of time and tons of money they improve their marketing and sales which eventually leads to more sales.
Table of Contents
What are different ways to Increase Sales on your Shopify Store?
Your Shopify store needs a lot of traffic + highly optimized sales pages to boost sales. I will do my best to share as many best practices that you can apply right away to boost sales.
1. Create Amazing Call to Actions
If you don’t tell your potential customers to take a specific action, believe it or not, your bounce rate will be higher and lower conversion rates.
That’s why it is important that you use proper call-to-actions throughout the website. Not everyone is going to buy your product on the 1st engagement so you need to convince them.
You should try to get their personal details by placing a call-to-action button and links on every page. You can offer discounts, coupon codes, and various other ways.
All the great Shopify stores use this secret method to improve their sales. They place call-to-action buttons to get in touch with their customers.
Once you have your customer personal details then you can easily get in touch with them and sell your product.
What is a Call-to-Action (CTA)?
Call-to-action can be a button or a simple internal link that will drive users to perform an action. That action could be anything from a ‘Buy Now’ button to ‘Get 20% discount’.
If you don’t tell a user what steps they should take to buy a product from you, they don’t know either. Everyone wants to save a few bucks but it is your job as a marketer to convince them to spend money.
Here are a few more tips to improve your call-to-action:
- Always use short text with call-to-action buttons.
- Create CTA buttons on important pages, such as homepage, blog header, blog sidebar, navigation menu, and footer.
- Use CTA buttons that encourage users to buy a product or subscribe to your email list.
Also check out this article on how to optimize a landing page for higher conversion rates.
2. Boost Sales on Shopify Website with Blogging
Blogging is one of the best free marketing channels to increase organic traffic.
You can use this free marketing tool to boost sales and increase customers on a Shopify store. To write an effective blog post you should know:
- What content your customers would like to read?
- How to convert those readers into customers?
- How to create amazing unique content?
Create useful content that your customers would love to read and share.
Blogging has helped many small businesses to boost sales. You need to understand your target customer problems, then write a useful blog post that helps them solve that particular problem.
Always write catchy headlines and make sure to optimize your content for search engines.
3. Use Email Marketing to Increase Sales on a Shopify Website
It is one of the effective marketing methods that many Shopify stores ignore. Why? Because they don’t know how to boost their sales and customers by an email marketing campaign.
You should know how to capture email from potential customers before starting an email campaign,
- Use lead forms on important pages to capture leads throughout your website.
- Offer your customers something valuable such as compelling discount offers, and in return ask for their email.
- Capture emails through Abandoned check-out.
Once you have those emails, you can use in many different ways. You can create an email funnel to move users from 1st engagement to the product purchase. Never spam your customers with irrelevant content that’s not beneficial to them.
- Create useful content and share with your customers.
- Use call-to-action in every email campaign to buy your product.
- Offer them discounts offers, coupon codes to bring them back to complete their purchase
Here is a list of best affordable email marketing service providers that you can use to send email campaigns.
4. Boost Sales on Shopify Website with SEO
Organic search traffic is a must for every business long-term survival. If you haven’t already optimized your website, then do it right away or hire someone to take care of your website’s SEO.
There are mainly two different aspects of SEO:
- On-page SEO
- Off-page SEO
Things we usually optimize on a website internally is called on-page SEO.
There are a lot of different factors that are considered when optimizing on-page SEO. Please check out these on-page SEO tips for beginners for more on-page SEO tips.
Things like optimizing Meta title, descriptions, HTML headings (H1 – H6), URL structure, website structure, page load speed, mobile SEO, and many other such factors.
Any activity which will be done to promote your website on other online platforms can be called off-page SEO.
Off-page SEO is essential to boost your website’s domain authority. There are plenty of benefits of off-page SEO.
- You can write blog post on other blogs influential in your industry to get dofollow backlinks.
- Alternatively, you can make social profiles, create web 2.0 blogs, and ask influencers to endorse your website.
- You can use these best free link building tools to improve your off-page SEO.
Make sure that all the links that you get are relevant to your website.
If you want to find out other strategies to improve sales on a Shopify website, then please read this article: Promote Your Business Online