Last Updated on
There are many different ways to increase sales on a Shopify store. New Shopify store owners always struggle to find the right way to boost their traffic and sales.
In this post, I will show you only my tested methods that will immediately boost your Shopify sales.
Update: I wrote a recent post on upselling products on your Shopify store. Please check; it will also help you increase sales.
Let’s not wait further and start learning how to increase sales on your Shopify store.
Have you encountered a website with an unbelievably insane amount of email subscribers, Facebook fans, and Instagram followers?
Most probably, yes, because we all often love to shop online.
As an entrepreneur, the question that your should ask is: How those stores developed such a loyal customer base?
Of course, by spending plenty of time and tons of money. They improve their marketing and sales, which eventually leads to more sales.
Table of Contents
What are different ways to Increase Sales on your Shopify Store?
Your Shopify store needs a lot of traffic + highly optimized sales pages to boost sales. I will do my best to share as many best practices as you can apply to increase sales directly.
1. Create an Amazing Call to Action
If you don’t tell your potential customers to take a specific action, believe it or not, your bounce rate will be higher, and you will see lower conversion rates.
That’s why you must use proper call-to-actions throughout the website. Not everyone will buy your product on the 1st engagement, so you need to convince them.
You should get their email by placing a call-to-action button and links on every page. You can offer discounts, coupon codes, and various other ways.
All the great Shopify stores use this secret method to improve their sales. They place call-to-action buttons to get in touch with their customers.
Once you have your customer’s emails, you can quickly contact them and sell your product.
What is a Call-to-Action (CTA)?
Call-to-action can be a button or a simple internal link that will drive users to act. That action could be anything from a Buy Now button to a ‘Get 20% discount’.
If you don’t tell a user what steps they should take to buy a product from you, they don’t know either. Everyone wants to save a few bucks, but it is your job to convince them otherwise.
Here are a few more tips to improve your call to action:
- Always use short text with call-to-action buttons.
- Create CTA buttons on essential pages, such as the homepage, blog header, blog sidebar, navigation menu, and footer.
- Use CTA buttons that encourage users to buy a product or subscribe to your email list.
2. Boost Sales on Shopify Website with Blogging
Blogging is one of the best free marketing channels to increase organic traffic.
This free marketing tool can boost sales and increase customers in a Shopify store. To write an effective blog post, you should know the following:
- What content would your customers like to read?
- How to convert those readers into customers?
- How to create unique content?
Create helpful content that your customers would love to read and share.
Blogging has helped many small businesses to boost sales. You need to understand your target customer’s problems and write a helpful blog post to solve that particular problem.
Always write catchy headlines and make sure to optimize your content for search engines.
3. Use Email Marketing to Increase Sales on a Shopify Website
It is one of the effective marketing methods that many Shopify stores ignore. Why? Because they don’t know how to boost their sales and customers through email marketing.
You should know how to capture emails from potential customers before starting an email campaign,
- Use lead forms on important pages to capture leads throughout your website.
- Offer your customers something valuable, such as compelling discount offers, and in return, ask for their email.
- Capture emails through Abandoned check-out.
Once you have those emails, you can use them in many different ways. You can create an email funnel to move users from 1st engagement to the product purchase. Never spam your customers with irrelevant content that’s not beneficial to them.
- Create helpful content and share it with your customers.
- Use call-to-action in every email campaign to buy your product.
- Offer them discounts and coupon codes to bring them back to complete their purchase.
Here is a list of the best affordable email marketing service providers you can use to send email campaigns.
4. Boost Sales on Shopify Website with SEO
Organic search traffic is a must for every business’s long-term survival. If you haven’t already optimized your website, then do it right away or hire someone to take care of your website’s SEO.
There are mainly two different aspects of SEO:
- On-page SEO
- Off-page SEO
Things we usually optimize on a website internally are called on-page SEO.
There are many things that we can optimize on a website.
Here are some things you can optimize on your website, meta titles, descriptions, HTML headings, URL structure, page load speed, mobile SEO, etc. Please check out these on-page SEO tips for beginners for more information.
Off-page SEO is mostly about promoting your website on other relevant websites.
It can boost your website’s domain authority and ranking. There are plenty of benefits of off-page SEO.
- You can write a blog post on other blogs influential in your industry to get dofollow backlinks.
- Alternatively, you can make social profiles, create web 2.0 blogs, and ask influencers to endorse your website.
- You can use these best free link building tools to improve your off-page SEO.
Ensure all the links you get are relevant to your website.
If you want more valuable strategies to improve sales on Shopify, please read this article: Promote Your Business Online.
If you're interested in working with me, get in touch.