Last Updated on
NitroPack and WP Rocket are WordPress plugins that speed up websites and enhance user experience. In online business, website speed and search ranking are critical. Slow websites lose traffic and result in low conversion rates.
Fortunately, WordPress plugins such as NitroPack and WP Rocket can optimize a website’s speed and improve user experience.
In this post, I will compare NitroPack vs. WP Rocket to help you choose the right plugin for your WordPress website. I will explain all their features, pricing, and pros and cons.
Table of Contents
NitroPack is a performance optimization platform that improves website speed and user experience.
NitroPack can be used on many platforms including WordPress. Hence, it is not a well-optimized solution, particularly for WordPress.
You can install NitroPack on WordPress, OpenCart, WooCommerce, or Magento websites. You can also integrate NitroPack’s PHP SDK or API for custom or platform-build websites.
NitroPack claims that after installation, most websites have a score of 90+ for Desktop and 75+ for Mobile. If your score is lower, NitroPack recommends contacting their customer support for a private check.
Features of NitroPack
Without further ado, let’s take a closer look at the features of NitroPack
- Dynamic Content Support: It can cache dynamic content, such as user-specific data and shopping carts, without compromising website functionality.
- Full-Page Caching: This caching system can improve the loading speed of complex web pages. They do that by pre-generating the entire page and showing it to visitors as a static file.
CDN (Content Delivery Network)
- Global CDN: Their content delivery network (CDN) spans over 200 locations worldwide. This helps ensure fast and reliable content delivery to visitors regardless of location.
- Image Optimization: Optimizes your website’s images on-the-fly. This reduces their size and ensures faster load times without sacrificing image quality.
- Lazy Loading: NitroPack uses lazy loading to defer the loading of non-critical resources until they are needed.
- CSS Minification: Compress and minify your website’s CSS files. It helps reduce CSS file size.
- Critical CSS: It can automatically generate and inline critical CSS for your web pages. It ensures that only the necessary styles are initially loaded.
- Async CSS: NitroPack can asynchronously load non-critical CSS files.
- HTML Minification: Compresses and minimizes your website’s HTML files, reducing their size and improving page load times.
- Preloading: It can preload critical resources, such as fonts and scripts. It reduces the time it takes for them to load when needed.
- Lossless Compression: It uses lossless compression techniques to reduce the file size of your website’s images without compromising their visual quality.
- WebP Conversion: Automatically converts your website’s images to the WebP format. You reduce file sizes by up to 80% while maintaining high-quality visuals.
- Lazy Loading: It defers the loading of non-critical images until they are needed, improving the perceived speed.
Pros of NitroPack
Easy to set up – It is easy to set up, and you can install and activate the plugin in four steps.
Cloud-based – It uses a cloud-based system that optimizes website resources remotely, reducing server load time and improving website performance.
Improves website speed – NitroPack boosts website speed, improving user experience and performance.
Improves SEO – It improves website SEO by optimizing website speed and user experience.
Free plan – NitroPack provides a free plan that allows you to optimize your website for speed. Compared with WP Rocket, this gives a slight advantage to the NitroPack because WP Rocket doesn’t offer a free plan.
Cons of NitroPack
Single Install – No matter which plan you purchase, you can only use NitroPack on a single website.
Not Optimized for WordPress – NitroPack provides its site performance platform to various platforms. Hence, NitroPack does not optimize its caching system for WordPress only. We may see some things that could be troublesome to fix.
Limited features – It lacks some features, such as database optimization, available in other WordPress optimization plugins.
Limited customization options – It provides limited customization options, which may not meet the needs of some users.
Requires an active internet connection – NitroPack requires an active internet connection to optimize website resources. This may be inconvenient for some users.
Pricing of NitroPack
NitroPack provides three pricing plans, including Business, Growth, and Scale. You can pay either monthly or yearly.
With yearly payments, you will get further discounts. All plans can only be used on a single website; that’s one drawback.
Free – The free plan allows you to optimize your website speed for up to 5000 page views per month. It also provides caching, compression, and image optimization. The free WordPress plugin of NitroPack will also include its branding in your website’s footer.
Business – The Business plan costs $21 monthly. If you pay a yearly fee, it will cost 17.50/pm. It allows you to optimize your website speed for up to 50,000 page views per month. The plan provides all the features in the Free plan and additional features such as mobile optimization, SEO optimization, and 24/7 support.
Growth – The Growth plan costs $51 per month. However, if you pay a yearly fee, you will save $102. This plan lets you optimize your website speed for up to 2,00,000 page views per month. The plan provides all the features in the Business plan and additional features such as priority support, custom branding, and a new feature Adaptive Image Sizing.
Scale – The scale plan costs $176 per month. If you pay a yearly fee, you will save $351.96. This plan lets you optimize your website speed for up to 1,000,000 page views monthly. This plan also provides all the features that are included in the Business and Growth plans. One unique feature that you won’t find in other plans is Font Subsetting.
WP Rocket Review
WP Rocket is a WordPress caching plugin that improves website speed and performance.
Features of WP Rocket
Let’s review some of the top features of WP Rocket.
Easy Setup and Use
- Quick and easy setup: It is easy to install and activate. The setup wizard guides users through the process of configuring the plugin. You can find preconfigured settings for most websites.
- Automatic best settings: WP Rocket automatically applies the best settings for the website, without requiring users to change any settings. They claim that after activation of the plugin, WP Rocket apply 80% of web performance best practices right away.
- User-friendly interface: The WP Rocket interface is intuitive and easy to use, with clear settings and options.
- Page caching: They create static HTML pages of the website. This helps in reducing server load and improving load times.
- Advanced cache rules: This allows users to customize cache rules, including which pages to cache and which to exclude.
- Preload options: Automatically caches pages in the background, ensuring that pages are always available to users with minimal delay.
- DNS prefetching: Prefetches DNS requests, improving load times for external resources.
- GZIP compression: It can compress website files before sending them to the user’s browser.
- Image optimization: WP Rocket optimizes website images, reducing file size without sacrificing quality.
- Lazy loading: WP Rocket delays loading images and videos until the user scrolls to them. It improves load times for above-the-fold content.
- Database optimization: Optimizes the WordPress database, removing unnecessary data and improving database performance.
- Google Fonts optimization: Optimizes Google Fonts to reduce the number of requests and improve load times.
- Remove query strings: Removes query strings from static resources, improving cacheability and load times.
- eCommerce optimization: It is optimized for eCommerce websites, with support for WooCommerce, Easy Digital Downloads, and other eCommerce plugins.
- CDN integration: It integrates with content delivery networks.
- Multilingual compatibility: Compatible with multilingual websites, improving performance for visitors from different countries.
- Heartbeat Control: A user can control the WordPress heartbeat API.
- Automatic updates: WP Rocket automatically clears the cache when updates are made. It ensures that changes are shown instantly.
- Rollback feature: Users can rollback to previous plugin versions. Ensuring that website performance is not affected by plugin updates.
Performance Analysis Features
- Google PageSpeed integration: Integrates with Google PageSpeed Insights. This gives you suggestions for improving website performance.
- Support for WordPress hooks and APIs: It offers support for WordPress hooks and APIs. This helps developers to customize the plugin to their specific needs.
- Knowledge base: You can find a comprehensive knowledge base helpful, with articles and tutorials to help you get the most out of the plugin.
- Support tickets: You can open support tickets to take help with any issues or questions.
- Community forum: WP Rocket has an active community forum where users can ask questions, share tips, and provide feedback.
Pros of WP Rocket
Easy to set up – It is easy to set up, and you can install and activate the plugin in a few minutes.
Designed for WordPress – Unlike NitroPack, WP Rocket is designed for only WordPress.
Improves website speed – WP Rocket boosts website speed, improving user experience and performance.
Provides advanced features – WP Rocket offers advanced features such as database optimization and CDN integration. You will find a few customization options in NitroPack.
Improves SEO – You will find decent SEO optimization features such as sitemap preloading, which improves website indexing by search engines.
Great support – WP Rocket provides excellent support, including documentation, knowledge base, and customer support.
Cons of WP Rocket
No free plan – WP Rocket does not provide a free plan, and users must purchase a license to use the plugin.
No image optimization – You won’t find image optimization features other WordPress optimization plugins offer.
Limited customization options – It comes with limited customization options, which may not meet the needs of some users.
Pricing of WP Rocket
WP Rocket provides three pricing plans: Single, Plus, and Infinite. Please note that the prices mentioned below might be different in the future.
Single – The Single plan costs $47.20 per year and allows you to use the plugin on one website. The plan provides all the features in WP Rocket and one year of support and updates.
Plus – The Plus plan costs $95.20 per year and allows you to use the plugin on three websites. The plan provides all the features in WP Rocket and one year of support and updates.
Infinite – The Infinite plan costs $239.20 per year and allows you to use the plugin on unlimited websites. The plan provides all the features in WP Rocket and one year of support and updates.
Comparison of NitroPack vs. WP Rocket
To help you choose the right WordPress optimization plugin for your website, we have created a comparison table of NitroPack vs WP Rocket. I included all their features, pricing, and pros and cons.
|Free plan||Yes, with limited features||No|
|Pricing options||Business ($21/month)|
|Support||Documentation, knowledge base, and customer support||Documentation, knowledge base, and customer support|
The comparison table shows that both NitroPack and WP Rocket provide speed optimization, caching, SEO optimization, and lazy loading.
However, NitroPack provides cloud-based, image, and mobile optimization, which are not available in WP Rocket. On the other hand, WP Rocket provides database optimization and more pricing options than NitroPack.
Which One You Should Use?
NitroPack is the right choice for you If you are looking for a free WordPress optimization plugin with cloud-based optimization, image optimization, and mobile optimization.
You will also get custom branding and a dedicated account manager, unavailable in WP Rocket.
If you are looking for a WordPress optimization plugin with database optimization, CDN integration, and more pricing options, WP Rocket is the right choice for you.
WP Rocket also provides excellent support, including documentation, knowledge base, and customer support.
The price-to-value ratio between these two is significant.
I recommend using the WP Rocket if you use WordPress and have a tight budget. NitroPack is more suitable for larger websites, and it could be annoying to see unexpected errors because it is not solely optimized for WordPress.
If you are looking for a free caching alternative, you can read my previous review about WP Super Cache and Fastest Cache.
If you're interested in working with me, get in touch.